The aim of this Bioengineering degree at Blanquerna - Universitat Ramon Llull is to train graduates interested in research or in the development and production of products processes and services using microorganisms or their biological components in the fields of industrial biotechnology and biomedicine, characterized by:
Advanced knowledge of the different disciplines in biosciences (cell and molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Outstanding ability to use biotechnological tools (in genetics, metabolic engineering, bioreactors and bioprocesses)
- Knowledge of industrial sectors and trends in the use of biotechnologies and their engineering aspects
This master's degree is characterized by the following:
- More than 50% of the class time is allotted to applied classes held in the new laboratories of the recently built Bioengineering building. It is equipped with modern systems and equipment. Full-time professors specializing in the field are in charge of these hands-on sessions.
- Renowned researchers and professionals from European and North American institutions, which are members of the University senate, complement the program with courses and seminars on topical issues.
- Participation of professionals from national and foreign companies in the University senate
- The opportunity to carry out the master's thesis in companies (either partly or completely)
- Students' access to IQS Professional Careers Service, which offers advice to students during their job search
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced genetic engineering
- Bioreactors and bioprocesses
- Advanced Bioinformatics
- Industrial Microbiology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Photocopy of the Passport or National Identity Document.
- Copy of the university degree (compulsory in university masters). If you have not completed your university studies at the time of completing the Admissions process, you must attach your university file.
- Include CV if you want to expand the information.
International123 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 123 EUR per credit during 18 months.
EU/EEA123 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 123 EUR per credit during 18 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.