The Applied Professional Studies program of University of Wisconsin-Parkside is designed for the working professionals - offering a flexible format, online courses, and affordable opportunity to achieve your professional and personal goals that align with potential for career advancement and upskilling needs.
Employers want people who can communicate effectively, work effectively with data, think strategically, and practice leadership in team settings. We all have some idea what that means, but the Masters Degree in Applied Professional Studies demonstrates to employers without a doubt that you have applied learning exactly in those areas. It is a degree in the soft skills that are so important in the 21st century.
Our courses are designed for working professionals. We offer them on online in full semester and 7 week sessions, year-round. Most students complete the program in two academic years, but you can schedule a pace that works for you. The 30-credit curriculum includes core courses (15 credits) and a concentration (15 credits) selected to meet your specific career interests. (You may also work with one of our advisors to create a specialized concentration.)
Upon completion of the core program, you will be able to:
- Employ effective communication strategies for diverse settings and audiences
- Consider organizational change in the context of a dynamic society
- Evaluate and critique existing structures in the public or private sector
- Plan effective implementation strategies
- Produce a problem-solving policy based on evidence, professional inquiry, and decisive action
- Develop strategies to resolve value-based conflict
- Analyze and interpret data in the professional setting.
- Leadership and Public Service
- Data Visualization and Interpretation
- Content Expertise for the Professional Educator
This is a skill based major - all of our courses are designed to give you the opportunity to practice what you are learning and to see the immediate utility of these skills. Even the final course you take is an applied project, which you can use to demonstrate your skills to your current or future employer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Formal Organization
- Applied Research for Professionals
- Professional Ethics
- Professional Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 709 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to have an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.75, or if the applicants has a graduate degree the GPA requirement is waived
- Applicants are not required to take the GRE or MAT assessment for admission to the program
- Applicants are also required to submit all undergraduate transcripts
- A current resume/CV
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably one from a current supervisor if employed
National18745 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18745 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State9151 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9151 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.