The Duke MSN Program focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver psychiatric mental health advanced practice nursing to all ages, especially to those in rural and underserved areas. Intensive courses, state-of-the-art simulation techniques designed to prepare the PMHNP for telepsychiatry practices and immersion in clinical rotations maximize the learning experience and enable students to become active members of an interprofessional mental health care team.On-campus intensives and state-of-the-art simulation techniques supplement an established program designed to prepare nurse practitioners for management of patients across all psychiatric and mental health care settings. Examples of practice settings include emergency departments, inpatient hospitalist and intensive care services, residential mental health care facilities, DoD/VA facilities, Department of Corrections and substance abuse treatment facilities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Nurse as Scholar I: Science Development, Study Design & Statistics
- Nurse as Scholar II: Evidence-based Practice
- Population Health in a Global Society
- Professional Transitions: Advanced Nursing Practice
- Physical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning in APN
- Foundations and Psychiatric Assessment Across the Lifespan
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 748 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- A bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) degree with an upper division nursing major from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing (NLNAC) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), or an associate degree in nursing or a diploma in nursing with a BS/BA from a regionally accredited program in another field of study.
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale for the courses required for the undergraduate nursing degree(s).
- Bachelor’s or post-bachelor’s coursework must include satisfactory completion of a course in descriptive and inferential statistics (basic biostatistics).
- Satisfactory performance on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) within five years.
Nursing experience (one year recommended for most programs; additional experience required for some programs).
International21228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10614 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National21228 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10614 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Depending on your eligibility, financial aid can be used to pay educational expenses including tuition and fees, books and supplies, food, housing, transportation, and some personal expenses while you attend Graduate School.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.