The curriculum of this Master in Pediatric Nurse Practitioner – Primary Care (PNP–PC) program emphasizes content areas such as health maintenance, prevention, management of common acute and chronic pediatric illnesses, behavioral issues, and patient/family education. Emphasis is placed on family-centered culturally sensitive care.
You will receive one-on-one clinical practice experience in diverse settings such as community pediatric practices, school-based health clinics, health departments, and hospital ambulatory settings.
As a graduate you are prepared to provide comprehensive primary health care to children of all ages in a variety of settings ranging from private practice to community and school-based healthcare settings. Some of our graduates decide to work in pediatric specialty services.
Program ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report
Program ranked #1 2020 Best Online Nursing major by U.S. News & World Report
Flexible matriculation plans with part-time and full-time study options
Post-master’s certificate program of study available
State-of-the-art simulation laboratory helps students gain confidence in practicing advanced procedures.
On-campus experiences are planned for each clinical course in the major.
Clinically active faculty engaged as advanced practice pediatric nurses
Program recognized by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) and American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN)
Eligible to apply for national certification as a CPNP-PC by the PNCB and AACN
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nurse as Scholar I: Science Development, Study Design & Statistics
- Nurse as Scholar II: Evidence-based Practice
- Population Health in a Global Society
- Professional Transitions: Advanced Nursing Practice
- Physical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning in APN
- Infant, Child, and Adolescent Advanced Development & Behavioral Health
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Pediatric Patients
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Early Childhood Education View 257 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.