You will receive one-on-one clinical practice experience in diverse settings such as pediatric intensive care units, pediatric surgery, pediatric step-down units, inpatient units, emergency departments, pediatric/neonatal transport, and ambulatory, rehabilitative, and specialty-based clinics.
As a graduate of this Master in Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care, you are prepared to work with patients and families in a variety of pediatric acute care settings including specialty clinics, in-patient/hospitalist services, emergency departments, intensive care units and as part of critical care transport teams.
Only Pediatric Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care program in North Carolina
The seven-semester program is designed to allow you to continue building your nursing experience while pursuing your advanced practice degree
Pediatric-focused coursework in growth and development, health assessment and physical examination, pharmacology, pathophysiology, and management of acute, chronic, and critical illnesses in infants, children, and adolescents
The Center for Nursing Discovery, our state-of-the-art simulation center, allows opportunities for you to gain confidence in practicing advanced procedures, acute care clinical management strategies and PNP-AC role transitions
Clinically active faculty are national leaders in the pediatric acute care community
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nurse as Scholar I: Science Development, Study Design & Statistics
- Nurse as Scholar II: Evidence-based Practice
- Population Health in a Global Society
- Professional Transitions: Advanced Nursing Practice
- Physical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning in APN
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Pediatric Primary Care Essentials
- Advanced Practice Nursing: Pediatric Primary Care Essentials: Clinical
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Acute Care Pediatric Patients
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Nursing View 308 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 24 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.