The Master in Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner - Primary Care program at Duke University focuses on developing the knowledge and skills necessary to deliver nursing care to individuals from adolescence to older adulthood across primary care settings, including those in rural and under-served areas.
As a graduate from our adult-gerontology nurse practitioner major you are well-prepared to provide culturally competent, evidence-based, state-of-the-art primary medical care to patients from adolescence through senescence. Our graduates practice in a wide variety of outpatient settings ranging from small community health centers to retail clinics to large academic medical centers.
Opportunities for short-term course or clinical work in international sites
Options for choosing an area of specialization (cardiology, endocrinology, oncology, orthopedics, or HIV)
Precepted clinical experiences in a variety of settings, including rural and underserved areas
Campus visits for intensive group learning experiences complement the online didactic content and the clinical preceptorships
Focus on the knowledge and skills necessary to provide primary care across diverse settings
Develop clinical resiliency under the mentorship of experienced clinicians in their area of expertise
Synthesize clinical learning and the transition to the role of nurse practitioner
A final residency clinical synthesis integrates previous didactic and clinical experiences
Many of our faculty continue to practice in clinical roles, so they remain up-to-date on clinical issues
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nurse as Scholar: Science Development, Study Design & Statistics
- Nurse as Scholar: Evidence-based Practice
- Population Health in a Global Society
- Professional Transitions: Advanced Nursing Practice
- Physical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning in APN
- Clinical Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Adolescents and Adult Patients
- Advanced Practice Nursing in Primary Care Adolescents, Adults and Older Adult Patients: Clinical
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 740 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28950 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.