Make a significant contribution to nursing by undertaking research that is grounded in clinical practice.
This degree is conducted in the School of Nursing and Midwifery who through its clinical partnership program and community links, has an established research program in quality and patient safety research.
The Master of Nursing at Deakin University is an approved program of research involving a substantial written thesis on the topic of your choice and under expert supervision. The degree is assessed on the result of thesis, with minimal or no coursework component required.
Deakin's graduate learning outcomes describe the knowledge and capabilities graduates can demonstrate at the completion of their course. These outcomes mean that regardless of the Deakin course you undertake, you can rest assured your degree will teach you the skills and professional attributes that employers value. They'll set you up to learn and work effectively in the future.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- A Masters by Research degree is awarded for a substantial, original contribution to knowledge achieved in up to two years of full-time study (or up to four years of part-time study).
- This degree is ideal if you are looking to embark on a career in research and academia.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNursing View 72 other Masters in Nursing in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have demonstrated evidence of a high standard of research ability. This is normally an Honours year to H2B (60%+) standard, or a coursework master degree with a substantial thesis.
- However, other evidence of research ability may be considered and could include a thesis as part of an international undergraduate degree; relevant refereed publications; research awards; or research experience.
- CRICOS code: 006254G
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37400 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37400 AUD per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Geelong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.