Under supervision, you will perform an independent project work corresponding to one semester of full-time study. Usually, you do the individual work within one of the ongoing research projects in the field of genomics and/or systems biology.
The Genomics and Systems Biology course at University of Gothenburg is completed when you have written a scientific report and presented your work orally in a seminar at the end of the course.
- The range of research in genomics and system biology is vast. Therefore, the individual project work can be done in different areas and deal with varying issues, such as general biology, environmental science, cell biology, biotechnology, medicine, mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science.
- Depending on your interests, the project work may contain several disciplines, which means that several supervisors and departments may need to be involved. In many projects, experiments are combined with more theoretical studies.
- Advanced Functional Genomics
- Advanced Bioinformatics
- Experimental Systems Biology
- Evolutionary Genomics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Genetics View 55 other Masters in Biology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To meet the general entry requirements for Master's level studies, you must have been awarded a Bachelor's degree (equivalent to a Swedish kandidatexamen) from an internationally recognised university.
International5601 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5601 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 61 000 SEK
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.