The Master of Teaching (Primary and Early Childhood) from Deakin University is a professionally accredited initial teacher education course that prepares graduates for employment in primary and early childhood teaching, along with a range of other education-related fields.
There is a strong focus on early childhood pedagogies and transition into early years of primary schooling. The transitions focus allows primary teaching preservice teachers to fulfil the requirement to specialise in a primary curriculum area.
Practical teaching experiences throughout your Masters of Teaching (Primary/Early childhood) course will ensure you have the practical experience you need to launch into your teaching career.
There is a strong demand for qualified teachers and graduate starting salaries for teachers are high compared to the graduate average. The increased demand for teachers has also resulted in improvements in teaching conditions, resources and career advancement opportunities.
As a graduate of this course you may find employment as a teacher within the private or public education sectors. You might also find employment in a range of other education related fields including policy, consultancy, NGOs, research or community-based organisations (e.g. museums, outdoor education, arts institutions, etc)
Accredited by the Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Numeracy, Social Justice and New Pedagogies
- Health, Wellbeing and Inclusive Education
- Orientation to the Teaching Profession
- Primary Literacy
- Primary Mathematical Development
- Early Childhood Pedagogy, Curricula and Contexts
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 27 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Admission is based on:
- a Bachelor degree in a different discipline, or
- a Bachelor degree in Secondary Teaching, and
- All applicants must complete an additional selection tool for non-academic attributes. Deakin University is using the CASPer test. CASPer is an online, video-scenario based situational judgement test, designed to measure non-academic suitability for teaching.
- In addition, applicants are required to have at least one year of full-time or equivalent study relevant to one or more learning areas of the primary school curriculum, including a minor in science, maths/numeracy, English/literacy, health or the arts.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National22600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22600 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.