Students enrolled in this Master in Environmental Management (with concentration in Business and Environment) program at Duke University will gain:
- An understanding of how businesses connect to each other and to consumers through supply chains, and how business behaviors impact the environment
- A broad perspective on the theory and drivers motivating firms to create sustainable business practices
- A fundamental understanding of science and technology as it relates to sustainable business practices
- A background in economics, policy and business strategies
- First-hand exposure to industry leaders and how firms implement sustainability programs
Critical skills in data analysis and modeling
Experience with professional and technical communication, project management and teamwork
The Business and Environment program provides students with knowledge and skills to assist them and the organizations they will work for in making informed and effective decisions about environmental practices. Students will hone their skills through coursework, practical applications and client-based consulting projects.
Our curriculum will introduce you to how multinational firms and small and medium enterprises address environmental, economic and social sustainability imperatives. It leaves plenty of room for you to customize your educational experience to meet your interests and career goals, whether they involve a focus on supply chains, compliance, strategy or product innovation.
Your faculty advisor will work with you to select a curriculum and area of specialization based on your interests and goals. You can choose from courses across Duke and at our partner institutions.
Business & Environment students receive in-depth training in:
- Life cycle and value chain analysis
- Strategic analysis
- Stakeholder analysis
- Applied data analysis
- Appreciative Inquiry
Our graduates work in a wide array of business sectors. They serve in both traditional environmental and sustainability positions, as well as roles within project teams focused on supply chain, responsible sourcing, logistics, sales and marketing, product design, corporate strategy, government affairs and community engagement.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Economic Analysis of Environmental Policies
- Evaluation of Public Expenditures
- Fundamentals of GIS
- Applied Data Analysis for Env. Sciences
- Modeling for Energy Systems
- Environmental Decision Analysis
- Finance in High Tech Industries
- Advanced Finance in High Tech Industries
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Fate of Organic Compounds
- Climate and Society
- Air Quality: Human Health Effects
- Urban Ecology
- Watershed Hydrology
- Social Entrepreneurshi
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Environmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management View 1660 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.