The Performing Arts with specialization in Contemporary Performative Arts programme from University of Gothenburg.
The programme’s focus examines context and the artist's interaction with the surrounding community. You apply for the programme with an investigative project that then runs through the entire programme.
You can examine new perspectives and challenge your practices through encounters with your fellow students, your supervisor and guest teachers from the arts as well as experts from other fields. In several parts of the programme, you study alongside the master students from the programmes in Music Drama and Theatre with Acting Specialisation. The programme prepares students for doctoral studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artistic Methodical Work
- Reflection and Artistic Practice
- Film and Visual Communication
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor of arts degree in fine arts or equivalent, as well as knowledge and skills in performing arts that are assessed at the admission test and are the basis for selection. Professional experience in theatre, physical performance, live art, dance, or sound art is a requirement. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
- Selection of eligible applicants is based upon entrance tests.
International50437 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 100874 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Full programme cost: 1 062 000 SEK
- Application and tuition fees do not apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.