The Applied Arts and Design, Textile-Body-Space programme from University of Gothenburg examines questions that move between the local and the global, between art, craft and design. Applied Arts and Design has three departmental orientations but works as one programme.
Regardless of the orientation, you will work in an independent and experimental way with materials, techniques, form, content and function. In the unique academic environment, in Dals Långed, 170 kilometers north of Gothenburg, you will have access to individual workplaces and to well-equipped workshops, computers and software.
The workshops, equipment and accessibility will empower you to work wholeheartedly within your field of work. Supervision is also provided in written and advanced theory related to your ongoing work.
During the first year, you familiarise yourself with your workshops and machinery to start up your workshop and studio project. Your subject knowledge is expanded and you practise your capacity to develop projects within your area. You will also gain a basic understanding of entrepreneurship, formulate an action plan for your future practice and build up your portfolio.
The second year begins with discussions of contemporary issues in relation to your own work. You will write a background text and reflect on the context and form of presentation as a basis for your degree project. During your degree project, you have access to an external mentor. Examinations are carried out with external opponents. The spring term ends with a degree exhibition.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To realise and develope projects
- Contexts and Entrepreneurial approaches
- Context and presentation
- Degree Project in Arts and Crafts with Specialization in Metal
- Degree Project in Design with Specialization in Wood Orientated Furniture Design
- Degree Project in Arts and Crafts with Specialization in Textile – Body – Space
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts or equivalent of at least 180 credits, and approved work samples. The work samples should demonstrate artistic and technical ability, both of which are necessary to fully benefit from the programme. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
- The selection is based on an assessment of submitted work samples and a personal interview.
International26010 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 52020 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- EU/EEA Citizens, Swedish Residence Permit Holders And Exchange Students Do Not Pay
- Full programme cost: 544 000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.