Duke University's Electrical and Computer Engineering (with concentration in Microelectronics, Photonics and Nanotechnology) master's concentration in Microelectronics, Photonics and Nanotechnology (MPN) is led by international leaders in the areas of nanoelectronics, optoelectronics, microfluidic systems, integrated optics, sensors, integrated multifunctional devices/systems, energy conversion devices, and quantum sensors.
The Microelectronics, Photonics and Nanotechnology research at Duke University is highly interdisciplinary, and includes the fabrication of devices and circuits through the state-of-the-art Shared Materials Instrumentation Facility (SMIF) cleanroom and characterization lab.
Students can also opt to earn graduate certificates in:
Our Microelectronics, Photonics and Nanotechnology concentration is designed to prepare master's students either for PhD research or to directly obtain engineering jobs in the broad semiconductor industry.
- Foundations of Nanoscale Science & Technology
- Emerging Nanoelectronic Devices
- Semiconductor Devices for ICs
- Quantum Mechanics
- Quantum Information Science
- Analog Integrated Circuits
- Integrated Circuit Engineering
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design
- Biochip Engineering
- Optoelectronic Devices
- Quantum Electronics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology View 208 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 24 months.
National57900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28950 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.