You will gain hands on experience in our state-of-the-art TV and Radio studios from lecturers who are active in industry and you will get a thorough practical and theoretical understanding of the modern media landscape. This Broadcast Production for Radio and Television program at Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology is designed to equip graduates for a career in modern media broadcasting.
What will I do?
- Learn how to make high quality content for a variety of platforms
- Lead production teams in real world projects
- Experience a range of television studio production techniques
- Command location production techniques
- Develop your own ideas and how to pitch them to funders
- Single-camera documentary production
- Editing for radio and television
- Engage with broadcasters and other media professionals
- How to develop and promote content online
- Course Genres
- Radio + Television Studio Techniques
- Media in Context
- Industry Placement
- Radio Production
- Television Production
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other Masters in Media Management in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate qualification of 2nd Class Honours or higher at Honours Degree level.
- Applicants may be considered provided they can demonstrate Honours Degree equivalence, which can be verified through the RPL (recognition of prior learning) process.
- Two references must also support your application.
- Portfolio submission, as part of your application. See guidelines opposite.
International10666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Living costs for Dún Laoghaire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.