Traditional communication no longer suffices, due to the ever-changing field of digital communication and changes in consumer behaviour.
Content and Media Strategy is one-of-a-kind master’s programme developed by NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences is a 1-year programme for students who want to become an expert in content and media strategies that will really make a difference to a company’s communications.
After graduation, you will be a media management and communication professional at master’s level. You will be able to develop and convey content and media strategies at the highest level, acting as an analytical professional who contributes to organisational goals by strategically using media content.
As an expert in content and media strategies, you will be able to deliver great value to a broad variety of organizations. These may be organisations which create and/or distribute media content to achieve strategic goals, but also media publishers and media agencies, since content and media strategy is relevant for all the stakeholders in the communication process. You can find employment in three types of organizations:
- Organizations in the creative industry, e.g.: strategic advisory positions in media publishing companies.
- Media agencies, e.g.: strategic advisory positions as linking pins between publishers and organizations that need a content and media strategy.
- Embedded organizations: organizations that internally facilitate expertise for activities related to content and media strategies such as brands. These are the organizations where content strategy is part of the communication and/or marketing strategy.
Within these three types of organizations, you will function as a content and media strategist with a theoretical and research background. You can be employed in a wide variety of positions related to communications, marketing, and media such as:
- Brand manager
- Content strategist
- Marketing strategist
- Digital marketing specialist
- Brand publisher
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In this course, you will learn how media content can contribute to organisations and their stakeholders, and how to develop effective content and media strategies to help organisations achieve their communication goals.
- This is the only master programme of its kind. It has been developed in collaboration with the industry and is based on Design Based Education principles. This means it has a strong link with the professional field, while allowing you to follow your own interests.
- This strong involvement of the professional field is what makes this course unique. It ensures a strong professional network. This includes a broad range of organisations and great guest lecturers from companies such as GroupM. It also allows you to work on real-life cases. For example, the development of a content and media strategy for Eurosonic Noorderslag, Europe's biggest music showcase festival.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesStrategic Management Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Marketing View 20 other Masters in Strategic Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted to one of our master’s programmes, you will need to meet the admission requirements as outlined in Dutch Higher Education law. For an international Master’s programme at NHL Stenden you will need a relevant bachelor’s degree that is at is at least equivalent to an NLQF 6/EQF 6 level (Dutch/European Qualifications Framework).*
- All non-EU/EEA applicants are required to submit an English proficiency test with their application to show that their English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in their studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Leeuwarden
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.