The Master of Science in Civil Engineering - Transportation program at University of Massachusetts Lowell offers an opportunity to pursue a broad range of interests in the fields of environmental and water resources engineering.
The course of study is designed to meet an individual student's interests and career goals. Programs consist of civil engineering courses in water and wastewater treatment, environmental chemistry, hydrology, hydraulics, air pollution control, environmental law and policy and may include courses from allied disciplines such as biological and health sciences, environmental studies, chemistry and work environment. The program of study consists of five core courses and elective courses. Undergraduate course prerequisites must be completed before beginning graduate course work.
The program in Transportation Engineering at University of Massachusetts Lowell offers courses in planning, design and operation of multi-modal transportation facilities. It emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature of the subject, supplementing engineering concepts with techniques from management, economics, operations research and environmental studies. It is designed to provide students with advanced technical knowledge for addressing transportation problems in a variety of practical situations. Specialization in a specific area can be achieved through thesis and project work. Graduate study plans are designed based upon student interest, professional needs and undergraduate preparation. Students are expected to have completed or show proficiency in the following courses in partial fulfillment of degree requirements:
- Urban Transportation Planning
- Traffic Engineering
- Transportation Network Analysis
- Traffic Management and Control
- Traffic Flow Theory
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- National Students - UMass Lowell Graduate Admissions offers rolling admissions for all programs
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Chemistry View 397 other Masters in Physics in United States
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National26370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26370 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State14590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14590 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.