The Master in Statistical Science program at Duke University is attractive to students interested in professional careers in industry, business and government, as well as those interested in bridging to Ph.D. studies in statistics and related areas.
- Courses and projects emphasize stochastic model-based approaches to problems of inference and prediction, highlighting Bayesian and Machine Learning methods
- You develop skills and expertise in modeling complex and potentially massive data sets and advanced computational methods while gaining exposure to a broad range of application contexts
- In-house professional development opportunities and career counseling prepare students for a wide variety of highly competitive career in statistics and allied fields.
- Bayesian Inference and Decision
- Choice Theory
- Statistical Genetics
- Predictive Modeling and Statistical Learning
- Programming for Statistical Science
- Advanced Bayesian Inference and Stochastic Modeling
- Theory of Statistical Inference
- Probabilistic Machine Learning
- Information Theory
- Advanced Probabilistic Machine Learning
- ProSeminar: Becoming a Statistical Scientist
- Bayesian and Modern Statistical Data Analysis
- Numerical Analysis
- Statistical Methods for Computational Biology
- Computational Structural Biology
- Applied Stochastic Processes
- Statistical Data Mining
- Statistical Decision Theory
- Causal Inference
- Statistical Learning and Bayesian Nonparametrics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesStatistics Machine Learning View 548 other Masters in Statistics in United States
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or science from an accredited institution (transcripts required, including an estimated GPA and a grade scale)
- Statement of Purpose
- Three recommendations
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or equivalent—official results
- English Language Testing (TOEFL or IELTS)—official results
- Interview and/or a video introduction
- Nonrefundable application fee of US$75— paid by credit card, or by a check made payable to Duke University
International60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
National60220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30110 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Durham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.