The Master of Science in Civil Engineering - GeoEnvironmental program at University of Massachusetts Lowell is offered in each area as well as in courses that combine disciplines generally required in the solution of complex site problems, such as, landfill design, remediation of hazardous waste sites, dewatering and soil improvement.
Programs consist of civil engineering courses in water and wastewater treatment, environmental chemistry, hydrology, hydraulics, air pollution control, environmental law and policy and may include courses from allied disciplines such as biological and health sciences, environmental studies, chemistry and work environment. The program of study consists of five core courses and elective courses. Undergraduate course prerequisites must be completed before beginning graduate course work.
The solution of environmental problems related to soil and/or groundwater often requires knowledge of both Geotechnical and Environmental Engineering.
- Advanced Soil Mechanics
- Geotechnical Environmental Site Characterization
- Engineering with Geosynthetics
- Soil Engineering
- Physical and Chemical Hydrogeology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell Graduate Admissions Office has a "rolling admissions" policy.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Chemistry View 918 other Masters in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application form.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate records.
- Letters of recommendation written by individuals qualified to judge the ability of the applicant to carry on graduate work and research as requested by the department.
- Official scholastic test scores specified for various degree programs at the University (see individual departmental requirements).
- The official score report for an institutionally approved language test for students from countries where English is not the national language.
International30551 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30551 USD per year during 12 months.
National27650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15576 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15576 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lowell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.