The Department of Biological Sciences offers two options for master's degrees:
- The Master of Science in Biological Sciences General Option offers flexibility so students can create a program that fits their educational and employment goals.
- The Master of Science in Biological Sciences - Biotechnology Option focuses on training essential to employment in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
provide the advanced study and training necessary to conduct independent research at a professional level and to be successful in today's competitive academic and industrial research markets.
Students in the program will be encouraged to explore quantitative approaches to the solution of problems in the basic and applied biological sciences. Depending on their career goals, students may choose either research or course work options within the Department, or from the interdisciplinary Biotechnology option. All candidates for the master's degree are expected to demonstrate sufficient knowledge and skills to pursue independent and creative research activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Recombinant Protein Production
- Genomics Laboratory
- Molecular Biology Lab
- Cell Culture
- Immunology Laboratory
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Bioinformatics View 351 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Online Application form with signature.
- Felony Disclosure Form
- Certified copies of university academic transcripts and final degree certificate.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (IELTS or TOEFL score ONLY).
- Three signed letters of reference – academic or professional.
- Statement of purpose (student’s full name clearly stated on each page).
- Original Bank Statement/Financial Documents (no older than 6 months), if the bank statements are not in student’s name, please provide a letter of support
International29841 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29841 USD per year during 12 months.
National26990 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26990 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15210 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15210 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lowell
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.