The measurement engineering specialist, with the up-to-date specialized knowledge in Geomatics, geodesy and cartography, related to creation, development and improvement of geodetic networks; creation, development and improvement of geographic information system, who are able to comprehend and analyse interaction of different kinds of knowledge, come up with problems and their solutions based on the scientific research in the field of measurement engineering, conducted on the basis of the acquired knowledge, optimise geodetic and cartographic data mining, by modelling the analysed processes in geoinformation systems; with developed abilities to apply innovative solutions for complex industrial activities, related to cognate areas and technological advancement, scientific analysis and research skills, necessary to maintain and improve the acquired professional competence in the ever-changing technological environment, scientific research institution, doctoral study.
The graduates who complete the Innovative Solutions in Geomatics (joint degree with Riga Technical University) at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University can work at state institutions, as well as in private companies, can take post-graduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- to conduct research applying innovative methods and technologies;
- to analyse and systematize data from different sources, make decisions and propose the most appropriate geographical information system for processing;
- to solve practical engineering problems employing experimental research methods for mathematical analysis and simulation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesGeography Geology Innovation Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent (official transcripts required) with grades (minimum 60% CGPA). Please check country specific requirements for detailed information.
- Two academic references.
- Acceptance by the Dean’s Office of the chosen faculty.
- To this programme applicants are accepted from the fields of: Geodesy, Cartography, Geography, Geomatics, Applied Engineering, General Engineering, Geographic Information Systems
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.