The Political Science program from University of Mannheim, with a duration of two years, is research oriented and builds on the School's strength in empirical-analytical approaches, particularly in quantitative methods and comparative research. Substantive areas of concentration include comparative politics, international politics, political economy, European societies and politics, and formal and quantitative methods.
All classes are taught in English. Mannheim has repeatedly been rated as Germany's leading university for Political Science in Germany according to the QS World Ranking, the Times Higher Education Ranking (THE) and the Academic Ranking of World Universities (Shanghai Ranking).
- Conflict and the Prospect for Peace
- Dictatorship and the International System
- Exodus: Conflict, Migration and Refugees
- Elections in Comparative Perspective
- Comparative Government: Political Institutions
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 43 other Masters in International Relations in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science or a degree in a related field, which was completed with a grade of at least “good” (German grade equivalent: 2.5 or better).
- Good level of English.
- Proof of good performance in the area of methods of empirical social research, data analysis and statistics as indicated through previous course grades of classes in this area (German grade equivalent of 2.5 or better). Basic working knowledge in data analysis software (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS) is an asset.
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The semester fee for national/EU students is EUR 194.30.
Living costs for Mannheim
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.