The Social Science Research (Social Policy) MSc programme at Loughborough University consists of compulsory and optional modules, delivered across four different academic schools within the University, which means you benefit from an interdisciplinary approach to your studies. The academic schools involved are:
- School of Social, Political, and Geographical Sciences
- School of Sport, Exercise, and Health Sciences
- School of Business and Economics
- School of Science.
On completion of the Social Science Research (Social Policy) programme, you will have met the MSc training requirements for PhD funding from the ESRC, opening up the possibility of securing PhD funding from the ESRC.
The modules are taught by leading researchers selected for their expertise in the taught research methods and topics.
On completion of the Social Science Research (Social Policy) programme, you will have met the training requirements for PhD funding from the ESRC, and will be therefore equipped to pursue a doctorate in a number of sports and exercise science fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Philosophy of Social Science
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Research Design and Practice
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Specialist Research Methods - Understanding Social Policy Research
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Any applications or results submitted after this date will only be considered if there are still places on the programme or time to obtain a student visa.
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology Public Policy View 235 other Masters in Public Policy in United Kingdom
- Minimum of an upper second class honours degree or equivalent in a wide range of subjects. In exceptional circumstances an applicant may be admitted to the degree who does not possess the requirements mentioned, but who has substantial relevant work experience.
International19100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19100 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9300 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
The fee stated is for a full-time student. Part-time students should divide the fee by 180 credits and then multiply by the number of credits they are taking to calculate their tuition.
British Marshall Scholarships
- Awards are open to US citizens who are graduates of US universities, to undertake study in any subject leading to a degree at a UK university.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship
- The Dean's Award for Enterprise offers 90% off the full cost of tuition fees, for UK, EU and international students with an inspiring business idea.
Loughborough Sports Scholarship
- To support the sporting and academic development of talented student athletes. The level of support varies by sport and performance level.
Academic Excellence Scholarship
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.