As fresh technologies emerge in this ever-expanding field, you will have the essential formal theory and confidence in your practical skills to support your long-term career development. You will undertake projects as part of your course, utilising performance measurement equipment and a testbed to test the validity of your systems and detect possible network abuse.
Alongside core theories, you will have the opportunity to specialise your knowledge through various optional modules on antennas, multimedia and communication networks, and information theory.
The Telecommunications Engineering programme offered by the Loughborough University is regularly updated to accommodate scale, data-rate, and security changes. Students have access to the communications laboratory equipped with software defined radios, drones and professional network measurement equipment, as well as the radio-frequency anechoic chamber for testing antennas.
Job opportunities include both senior technical and managerial activities in the field of communications engineering, such as:
- High speed digital design
- Communication systems engineering
- Software/firmware engineering
- Algorithm development
- Signal processing engineering
- Digital Signal Processing
- Communication Networks
- Information Theory and Coding
- Personal Radio Communications
- Statistical Methods and Data Analysis
- Telecommunications Network Security
- Applied Network Monitoring and Security
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Communications Engineering View 175 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United Kingdom
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Loughborough University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a relevant science, technology, engineering or maths discipline.
- Applicants with qualifications slightly below and/or professional experience will be considered.
International26500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Loughborough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.