The Science Fiction and Fantasy programme at Anglia Ruskin University will introduce you to contemporary work in these genres across a range of media. You’ll benefit from networking and career-building opportunities with professionals in the industry who will give you insight into how materials in these genres are produced and disseminated to their fans.
You will consider science fiction and fantasy as products shaped by interactions between the entertainment industry, reviewers and critics as well as their own fans. By analysing how the boundaries of these genres have been established, policed, challenged and extended, you will learn to apply your own theories to a range of popular works - and produce your own original writing.
Our MA Science Fiction and Fantasy is developed with working professionals in mind. It will help you develop the critical skills and the industry know-how for a career working with literature, film and art in roles such as publisher, agent, writer, teacher or librarian.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Critical Theory: Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Constructing Languages for Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Visual Media and Science Fiction
- Publishing: The Making of Genres
- Special Topic in Creative Writing/English Literature
- Major Project
- 12 months
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 310 other Masters in Literature in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (or equivalent), normally in a related subject. Applicants with professional experience are also encouraged to apply.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK & EU students (part-time, per year): £2,633
- International students (part-time, per year): £4,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.