Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Psychology from University of Otago examines how our abilities change with age, and what might underlie abnormal behaviour. It investigates how we process and store information using our senses and memory, and how our experiences shape our behaviour.Psychologists also study how behaviour relates to the functioning of the brain, and why things such as drugs, hormone levels and lack of sleep can influence the way we behave. Applied psychologists use this knowledge to address problems as diverse as sleep disorders, industrial relations, phobias, drug rehabilitation, aircraft safety and hyperactivity.
- Behaviour Analysis
- Assessment in Child and Adolescent Clinical Psychology
- Adult Psychopathology
- Assessment in Clinical Psychology Practice
- Clinical Neuropsychologyr
- Foundations of Clinical Intervention
- Advanced Research Methods
- Contemporary Issues in Psychology
- Advanced Topics in Health Psychology
- Contexts of Development
- Advanced Topics in Behaviour Analysis
- Social Cognition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology View 30 other Masters in Psychology in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International28386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28386 USD per year during 12 months.
National6908 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6908 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $9,501.00
- International: $39,041
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.