Today Chemistry permeates every aspect of our world. Virtually everything from life itself to complete geological structure can be expressed in chemical terms, because Chemistry is the science of matter. A seemingly limitless variety of substances derived from elements and compounds and from atoms and molecules form the basic framework of nature and account for its ever changing patterns.
Postgraduate Diploma in Science - Chemistry is taught at University of Otago may be regarded as the fundamental component of the physical, biological and earth sciences. It concerns the properties, the syntheses, and the transformation of substances and their applications to the way we live and modify our environment. It is through Chemistry that we are beginning to achieve an understanding of, and mastery over, the material and biological world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Chemistry
- Management of Chemical Hazards
- Environmental Risk Assessment and Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesChemistry View 11 other Masters in Chemistry in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International26053 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26053 USD per year during 12 months.
National6914 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6914 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $9,501.00
- International: $35,798
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.