This full time, two-year course encompasses specialist papers in clinical nutrition, public health, food service, professional skills, research thesis preparation, a block placement and a research project.
The first year of the Master of Dietetics at University of Otago is taught in Dunedin. Early Learning in Dietetics (practical experience placements) will be completed under the supervision of dietetic tutors in hospital, community, public health and foodservice environments. The second year consists of one semester of placements and one semester of research in one of a number of centres.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Nutrition
- Public Health Dietetics
- Food Service Management
- Applied Dietetics
- Professional Placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 6 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International21106 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21106 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National5707 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5707 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- National: 9,398 NZD
- International: 34,755 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.