Sports Exercise Science and Human Nutrition are the sciences that look at the interactions people have with food and sport and exercise. Human Nutrition includes food production, food selection and food service, the consumption of food, how the body uses the energy and nutrients in food. Sport and Exercise Science includes mechanical, physiological and psychological responses to human movement and how these responses affect exercise performance capacity and health outcomes.So Master of Applied Science - Sport and Exercise Nutrition from University of Otago looks at how sport, exercise and food affect health and human performance, and how nutrition affects sports health and performance. Exercise, sport and food can promote good health and well-being and impact on the development of diseases such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods
- Applications in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Nutrition and Human Health
- Behavioural and Applied Nutrition
- Commercialisation Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences View 10 other Masters in Sports Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International39043 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 39043 USD per year during 12 months.
National5882 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5882 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $8,090.00
- International: $53,697
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.