Computer simulations are required to understand and predict the dynamics of complex biological systems. Precision medicine, with therapies for cancer and other diseases, and drug development rely increasingly on quantitative genomics, bioinformatics, and systems biology.
The M.S. in Computational Biology (CB-MS) at Weill Cornell Medical College presents a unique training program, providing students theoretical understanding and practical training in state-of-the-art applications of computational approaches in biology and medicine. Our faculty from Weill Cornell Medicine, Sloan-Kettering Institute, and Cornell Tech are world-class leaders in computational biology research and applications.
CareerUpon graduation, students will be prepared to launch professional careers at the forefront of data analytics, bioinformatics, and computer modeling, for example in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries. Likewise, for those interested in PhD studies in computational biology, this degree will strengthen their preparation and competitiveness.
- Analysis of Next-Generation Sequencing Data
- Functional Interpretation of High-Throughput Data
- Quantitative Genomics and Genetics
- Career Development
- Responsible Conduct of Research
- Faculty presentations of potential thesis projects
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 414 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- Personal Statement describing your background and specific interest in the MS-CB program.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters must be submitted electronically as instructed through the online application.
- College transcripts
- College transcripts should be submitted for all previous colleges attended — both undergraduate and graduate.
- Official transcripts will be required upon acceptance, however students may submit unofficial transcripts with their initial application.
- $75 application fee
- Results of the General Graduate Record Examination. The Institution Code Number is 2119.
- TOEFL scores for students who have not received a degree from an English language institution. The Institution Code Number is 2119.
International28436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14218 USD per semester during 18 months.
National28436 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14218 USD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.