Students pursue a professional Concentration in Transformative Coaching, Creativity and Innovation, or Spiritual Psychology, and may also complete a secondary Concentration in Transpersonal Ecopsychology.
The Transpersonal Psychology program from Sofia University is designed for transformative learning, integration of transpersonal and wisdom principles, and development and application of skills for personal and professional contribution. According to O’Sullivan1, transformative learning fosters enhanced awareness and consciousness in people, communities and frames of reference. It encourages the vision of alternative approaches to living and posits the possibility of social justice, peace, and joy. Students are guided in their cultivation of leadership skills, self-knowing and professional consciousness.
- Reflect upon the meaning of whole-person development, including growth in mind,
- body, spirit, creativity, and community, and apply that understanding to their own
- personal and professional lives.
- Blend theories and practices of transpersonal psychology with those in a professional
- concentration area(s).
- Employ multiple ways of accessing information, expressing self, and working with others
- in a professional concentration area.
- Articulate shifts and developments in their own thought processes, including the
- assumptions they bring to situations, as these relate to their program of study.
- Use reflective scholarship and transpersonal theories and practices to create an action
- plan that addresses the needs of a community, organization or professional area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Whole-person, transformative, experiential learning.
- Collaborative, dynamic participatory classrooms led by dedicated teachers.
- Grounding in transpersonal theories, principles, and practices.
- Reflection on personal stories of transformation.
- Exploration of transpersonal, spiritual, ecological, and creative practices.
- Alignment with right livelihood through the development of personal vision and goals.
- Meaningful practicum experiences.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology View 194 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Application Fee – A non-refundable fee of $50 (US dollars) is required with your application.
- Official Transcripts – Contact all prior accredited colleges or universities which you have attended and request that your transcripts be sent to Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Statement of Purpose – Requirements vary from program to program, please call our admissions team to further discuss what is needed for your program of interest.
- Letters of Recommendation – Requirements vary from program to program, please call our admissions team to further discuss what is needed for your program of interest.
- TOEFL Exam (if applicable) – Please request scores to be sent to Sofia University.
- Foreign Transcripts (International Applicants only)
- Faculty Interview
International15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
National15600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 650 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.