In addition to a broad and rigorous preparation in counseling psychology, the Counseling Psychology program from Sofia University provides training in theory and treatment inspired by both secular and spiritual concepts and interventions. Mindfulness, movement and expressive arts, in both clinician self-care and treatment interventions, are integrated throughout the curriculum.
Students who graduate from the MACP program complete the requirements current as of Fall 2019 as set by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) for the Marriage and Family Therapy and/or Professional Clinical Counselor educational tracks. In addition, they complete a minimum one-year supervised practicum providing therapy to clients in preparation for registering as either a Marriage and Family Therapy or Professional Clinical Counselor associate in the State of California.
Upon successful completion of the Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology program, students will be able to:
- Summarize, compare and evaluate a broad range of theories, perspectives, methods, and research findings, including those of Transpersonal Psychology and Systems Theory, used in the field of counseling psychology.
- Apply counseling psychology theories, perspectives, methods, and research findings to important human problems and case examples.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively as either a Transpersonal Marriage and Family Therapist or a Transpersonal Professional Clinical Counselor in a variety of mental health settings and with a variety of clients and team members.
- Reflect upon their own whole-person development, including growth in mind, body, spirit, creativity, and community, and identify opportunities for continuing development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Four quarters of clinical experience before graduation
- Experiential transpersonal skill-building labs
- Optional specialization in creative expression
- Education shaped through a collaborative cohort experience
- Focus on individual, child, couple and family therapy
- Professional preparation for both public and private practice
- The powerful and ancient martial art of aikido helps students embody the stance of a therapist somatically
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 178 other Masters in Counselling in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Form
- Application Fee – A non-refundable fee of $50 (US dollars) is required with your application.
- Official Transcripts – Contact all prior accredited colleges or universities which you have attended and request that your transcripts be sent to Office of the Registrar at email@example.com
- Statement of Purpose – Requirements vary from program to program, please call our admissions team to further discuss what is needed for your program of interest.
- Letters of Recommendation – Requirements vary from program to program, please call our admissions team to further discuss what is needed for your program of interest.
- TOEFL Exam (if applicable) – Please request scores to be sent to Sofia University.
- Foreign Transcripts (International Applicants only)
- Faculty Interview
International650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National650 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 650 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.