Building on the Moody undergraduate core curriculum, it is designed particularly for students who wish to supplement their ministry majors at the undergraduate level with further education focusing on biblical and theological studies at the graduate level.
The Biblical and Theological Studies program is designed primarily for graduates of Moody Bible Institute who did not major in Bible or Theology.
Students who successfully complete the requirements for the Master of Arts [Biblical and Theological Studies] should be able to:
- Engage in competent research and writing at the graduate level
- Be conversant in significant matters related to theological prolegomena and biblical hermeneutics
- Articulate the distinction between the biblical and theological disciplines as well as their interrelationships
- Discuss matters related to the nature, content, and method of biblical and historical theology
- Pursue further research in particular biblical books and/or theological topics
- Think critically about contemporary issues and developments from a biblical-theological perspective
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation Seminar
- Historical Theology
- Biblical Theology
- Biblical and Theological Studies Electives
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit online application
- Support doctrinal qualifications for students
- Write autobiographical essays
- Provide two references (Not applicable to CMHC Applicants)
- Pay nonrefundable application fee
- Transcript Evaluation
- TOEFL or IELTS
International13800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 460 USD per credit during 12 months.
National13800 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 460 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.