The Creative Writing programme at Anglia Ruskin University will give you the rare opportunity to improve your writing by practising and sharing it with a close group of fellow writers, including specialist lecturers who are published authors.
You will study the most acclaimed writers of the past 200 years and discover the techniques they used to make their writing stand out. Our in-class and extra-curricular exercises will allow you to practise your technique with different forms of writing and in areas such as characterisation, structure, and pacing.
Using what you have learned, you will create samples of your writing to share with your lecturers and fellow students, allowing you to receive a wide range of responses to your work as well as learning to critically evaluate the work of others.
Our MA Creative Writing will help you prepare for a career as a creative writer or in related areas such as publishing and the media, but will also give you critical and analytical skills valued by many employers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Workshop: the Short Story
- Shakespeare and Society
- Twentieth and Twenty First Century Fiction and Social Change
- Creativity and Content in Publishing
- Workshop: the Novel
- Special Topic in Creative Writing/English Literature
- The Business of Publishing
- Revolution and Reform in the Long Nineteenth Century
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCreative Writing View 199 other Masters in Creative Writing in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree (or equivalent), normally in a related subject. Applicants with professional experience are also encouraged to apply.
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13500 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- UK & EU students (per year, part-time) : £3,950
- International students (per year, part-time) : £6,750
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.