The MMgt pairs general management education with a special non-technical focus on developing leadership, problem-solving and communication skills.
Students will build knowledge of the major disciplines of management and how they intersect, while developing key competencies that are valued by organizations and that will facilitate employment in a career with a future. The curriculum is highly experiential, culminating with an Enterprise Consulting Project in which students will collaboratively develop recommendations for a client organization.
Students will graduate from the MMgt program with:
- an ability to evaluate and solve management issues while taking into account risk, uncertainty and ambiguity
- the skills needed to work effectively in groups and teams, and to communicate effectively to a range of audiences; and
- an understanding of the obligation to act in a socially and ethically responsible manner.
The Schulich Master of Management from York University will equip you with the knowledge and leadership skills you need to gain a competitive advantage. You will learn to manage complexity, change, and ambiguity as you examine management issues in a global context.
Throughout the MMgt program, you will also have access to the Centre for Career Design (CCD). As Schulich’s in-house team of certified Career Coaches and Industry Advisors, the CCD offers a wealth of innovative programs, resources and individualized coaching to help you launch your career. Meet alumni, recruiters and industry leaders at corporate information sessions and other CCD events and enjoy online access to the very best career tools available.
Recruiters value the communication, interpersonal and leadership skills that Schulich MMgt graduates possess, paired with the knowledge and capabilities obtained in their undergraduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Financial Accounting for Managers
- Business Communication and Team Dynamics
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Business and Sustainability
- Managerial Decision Analysis
- Marketing Management
- Managerial Finance
- Design and Management of Organizational Processes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Computer Sciences Media Management View 21 other Masters in Media Management in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at York University - Schulich School of Business and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institution, in a non-business field of study, with a minimum B+ average in the last two full years (or equivalent) of academic work.
- Work Experience is not required. Applicants may not have more than two years of full-time work experience.
- Essays (2 written, 1 timed written, 2 video)
- An up-to-date resume
- Two references, one of which must be academic
- Unofficial copies of transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International39658 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19829 CAD per semester during 12 months.
National17968 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8984 CAD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Toronto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.