The Biological Sciences - Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology programme offered by the University of Chester focuses on developing investigative laboratory-based research skills while addressing theoretical and applicable questions in stem cells and regenerative biology. The course provides an intensive research-led environment, which will give you the opportunity to develop a career in academic or applied biomedical or biological sciences.
Why study this course with us?
The lecturers have specialist knowledge and work with a diverse range of skill sets that have application in the field of stem cell research and regenerative biology.
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Life Sciences at Chester is unique in having academic staff whose research involves a variety of relevant model organisms. As well as humans, the team researches into fundamental biology of a variety of other mammallian species, birds, fish, amphibians and invertebrates. Students undertaking the MRes are able to draw on this expertise.
In addition, Chester is an active member of the Mercia Stem Cell Alliance and the UK Mesenchymal Stem Cell research community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In Models of Regenerative Biology, you will attend lectures, small group teaching and practical sessions relating to: various model systems of regeneration, with cell culture based models and in vivo systems; responses to injury; regulatory factors governing tissue regeneration; and aspects of regenerative medicine.
- In Stem Cells and Tissue Engineering, you will attend lectures, small group teaching and practical sessions relating to: how to define stem cells; stem cell culture and maintenance; the principles of tissue engineering; and the application of stem cell and tissue engineering.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences View 453 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally possess a 2:1 honours degree in a related subject, such as biological or biomedical sciences, medicine, or veterinary sciences. Students with relevant work experience, but without the required qualification, should contact the course leader.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience.
International12796 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12796 GBP per year during 12 months.
Classroom-based / Laboratory-based: Full-time: £12,796 / £16,483 per annum
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The University of Chester offers generous international and merit-based scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate study, providing a significant reduction to the published headline tuition fees. You will automatically be considered for these scholarships when submitting an application and any award given will be shown on your offer letter.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.