Why this programme
- The International Business programme of the University of Glasgow is designed for students with talent, ambition and entrepreneurial flair, who would like to develop a career in international business development, international entrepreneurship or venture management.
- It combines developing entrepreneurial skills for business start-up and management skills for the international market place.
- You will learn about new venture creation and business start-up, business growth and be involved in international consultancy projects.
- In semester 2 you will get the opportunity to carry out a consultancy market research project for companies to advise them on the international market place.
- By the end of the programme you will be able to design and plan international strategies, identify opportunities and implement product development in cross cultural contexts.
- You will be taught by staff renowned for creative research on the internationalisation of small and medium-sized businesses, multinational enterprises, and international economics. Some of our lecturers are able to talk about their own research or business ventures when explaining theories to help aid your understanding of international business and entrepreneurship.
- You will have guest lectures from inspiring alumni who have used the degree to help them start their own business.
- Classes provide you with an interactive learning environment and develop your multicultural team-working capabilities.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
Graduates are presented with a range of opportunities in the employment market. Our alumni have either set up their own business, worked in SMEs, consultancy or multinational companies such as AMT Group, Google and IGI Global, in a management capacity. We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provide 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Entrepreneurial finance for SMEs
- Global business environment
- International entrepreneurship and innovation
- International management solutions
- International strategic management
- Managing across cultures and comparative management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Entrepreneurship International Business View 767 other Masters in Business Administration in United Kingdom
- 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business and management, marketing or commerce, or another relevant social science degree.
- Your degree must contain at least 25% of undergraduate credits in marketing, business strategy and statistical methods.
- Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of entrepreneurship and business development are advised to apply for MSc Management with Enterprise and Business Growth.
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International23000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12450 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.