Learn about the science and practice of applying evidence-based psychological interventions to improve the wellbeing of individuals and solve organisational and societal problems.
The Applied Psychology programme at the University of Chester emphasises the need for underpinning scientific principles and for sound evidence to support professional practice. Examples are drawn from many areas of applied psychology.
Applied psychology is a broad field, comprising not only the work of practitioner psychologists (Health Psychologists, Clinical Psychologists, Sport and Exercise Psychologists etc.), but also that of non-psychologists who apply psychological knowledge, such as coaches, counsellors, teachers and managers.
The course emphasises evidence-based practice, providing an opportunity to learn about intervention design and how those interventions can be assessed using rigorous scientific standards. The course adopts an 'active learning' approach, giving you the chance to try your hand at assessing and intervening in the classroom setting so you can gain confidence in applying what you learn as you go. The teaching team includes psychologists with practitioner experience in a range of applied settings.
- Advanced Skills for Research and Practice
- Applied Psychology Dissertation
- Advanced Research Methods in Psychology
- Applied Psychology in Context
- Professional Issues in Psychology
- Assessment Skills for Practice
- Intervention Approaches in Applied Psychology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology View 162 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
- To apply for this course, you need an honours degree in psychology (minimum 2:2). Non-psychology degrees will only be considered if 75% of the credits were taken in a closely psychology-related numerate discipline.
- Students from countries outside the UK are expected to have entry qualifications roughly equivalent to UK A Level for undergraduate study and British Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) for postgraduate study.
- We accept a wide range of qualifications and consider all applications individually on merit. We may also take into account appropriate work experience
International13950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13950 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7650 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Chester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.