Why this programme
- The Global Security programme of the University of Glasgow will develop your knowledge of the major security challenges impacting our rapidly changing socio-political environment at a global, national, and local level. These range from terrorism, insurgency, cyber and hybrid warfare to disease, migration, and climate change.
- You will have the possibility to combine a broad spectrum of subject areas into your degree, including politics, history, sociology, Central & East European studies, war studies, computing science, geography, law, business, and education.
- You will address the complexity of contemporary security threats by acquiring the theoretical knowledge and policy tools required for expert analysis and result-oriented action.
- You will benefit from extra-curricular activities such as master classes delivered by established academics and high-profile professionals, and career-focused workshops.
By the end of the programme, you will have acquired the necessary skills for successful careers with governmental and non-governmental organisations, businesses and international/transnational agencies. Our recent graduates have gone on to work for the BBC, the Indonesian Government, Japan’s Parliament (National Diet), the Netherlands military, the United Nations, the UK Ministry of Defence, US-based research agencies, and UK-based private security and risk analysis companies. Others have decided to pursue a PhD in security studies.
- International security and strategic studies
- Research design
- Qualitative methods
- IR - Strategy - Applied
- Comparative approaches to warfare and violent conflict
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 146 other Masters in Terrorism & Security in United Kingdom
- 2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in a relevant social science or humanities subject
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s) (if you have already completed your degree)
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- A copy of the photo page of your passport (Non-EU students only)
International20400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK Part-time fee: £1,056 per 20 credits
Living costs for Glasgow
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.