Seasoned employees who are looking to add a second skillset to their engineering portfolio would also do well in the Engineering Management program offered by the Illinois Institute of Technology.
It features two specialty tracks—project management or product design and development. Both will provide students with an accelerated pathway to management positions within engineering-based industries.
The Master of Engineering Management requires a minimum of 30 credit hours. Students must take 12 credit hours from the below list of core courses. Students must also take 3 credit hours of a Project-based course with project report. In addition, students must choose one of the following specializations: (a) Project Management, or (b) Product Design & Development. Students are required to take 9 credit hours in their chosen specialization. The remaining 9 credit hours are electives and may be selected from the below list of elective courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Project Management
- Economic Decision Analysis in Civil Engineering
- Systems Analysis in Engineering
- Strategic Engineering Management
- Engineering Management Capstone Experience
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership General Engineering & Technology View 1526 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Illinois Tech requires a four-year bachelor’s degree conferred with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution for regular admission.
- Academic requirements: GPA of at least 3.0.
- GMAT or GRE is required: GRE/GMAT is required, apart from Master of Public Administration.
- Personal Statement required
- Letter of Recommendation is suggested, but not required
International1530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1530 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1530 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
$1,530-$1,725 per credit, most programs require 30 credits.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.