The Human Development program at The University of Maine is designed for those interested in leadership positions in the human development field, such as center director, program coordinator, director of services, case manager or project manager.
The M.S. degree in human development requires a minimum of 30 credit hours:
- Six core courses (18 credits): Fundamentals of Human Development; Professional Practices; Program Planning and Evaluation; Legislation and Policy; Grant Development; and Research Methods
- Two electives (6 credits)
- Internship in human development (6 credits)
- Seminar in Family Relationships
- Science as Inquiry: Teaching Young Children
- Numeracy for the Young Child
- Fundamentals of Human Development
- Professional Practices in Human Development
- Program Planning and Evaluation in Human Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology Human Medicine View 1323 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
International29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
National29214 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29214 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State9738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9738 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.