The five specialisations enable students to select a named pathway to suit their own particular interest.
The key objective is to provide graduates with a widely recognised qualification that meets the higher level training and educational needs of the sectors in, and associated with, the Australian and international marine transport industry.
Graduates from the program will have the ability to not only adapt to the changing technical and commercial needs of the global shipping industry, but also take the lead where appropriate.
The program aims to broaden and deepen students' understanding of maritime operations and related fields and further develop a range of technical, cognitive and behavioural skills that can be applied in a variety of maritime operations contexts.
More specifically, upon completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- identify and solve problems in maritime operations and related fields using broad-based knowledge of the fundamental principles within their chosen specialisation, their critical thinking skills, and state-of-the-art tools and technologies;
- critically analyse and evaluate developments and issues that emerge in the field of maritime
- be able to function autonomously as well as an effective member of a management team and have the ability to adapt to the changing technical and operational needs of the global shipping industry; and
- pursue lifelong learning and continuing professional development as they progress in their chosen career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Marine Superintendency
- Marine Surveying and Inspection
- Shipyard Production Processes
- Design of Marine Machinery Systems
- International Maritime Policy
- Commercial Ship Management
- Maritime Safety
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesApplied Mathematics Natural Sciences View 23 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code 00586B
Students are expected to enrol initially in the Graduate Certificate.
However, they will be able to enrol directly into either the Graduate Diploma or Master's program if they so chose but their entry into these two latter stages of the program will depend upon their having completed the assessment requirements of the Graduate Certificate and the Graduate Diploma respectively.
Students will be able to enter the program:
- from a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in an area of maritime operations, engineering or technology 3;
- from an Advanced Diploma or equivalent in an area of maritime operations related study together with extensive relevant work experience;
- relevant work experience
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International30950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30950 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.