The special focus of the Master of Arts - Art History and Visual Culture teaching programme at University of Otago is the diversity of theory in the discourses of art.
The primary aim of the MA by coursework programme is to provide candidates with a grounding in their chosen discipline within a wider disciplinary frame to build the skills needed to identify a significant topic, design and implement a significant piece of research, and present the findings in a form acceptable to an expert readership.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Dissertation
- Writing and Revision for Graduate Research
- Research Methods in the Humanities
- Key Debates in the Humanities
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Visual Arts Art History View 21 other Masters in Art History in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Entrance requirements for postgraduate study vary by programme with most requiring a minimum bachelor-level qualification in the same field, and some having additional requirements such as relevant work experience and/or professional registration in New Zealand.
- A postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma can usually be taken at any time after the completion of your bachelor's degree.
- If you hold an honours degree or postgraduate diploma you may be able to eligible for master’s study by thesis only. In some cases if you hold a bachelor’s degree you may apply for a coursework master’s degree or for master’s study by coursework and thesis.
International20843 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20843 USD per year during 12 months.
National5013 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5013 USD per year during 12 months.
- National: $6,928.00
- International: $28,805
Living costs for Dunedin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.