The graduate programs in Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction (Elementary and Secondary Education) are designed for elementary, middle and high school teachers, who want to assume more responsibility and larger leadership roles while continuing a career in the classroom. These programs are designed to help teachers enhance learning and development of students, while addressing state and federal standards in the areas of curriculum, assessment and instruction. We offer master’s degrees (M.Ed. and M.S.), which can be completed entirely online or through a hybrid of online and on-campus courses. We also offer an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree, which provides a cohesive program of professional development beyond the master’s level.
Careers in Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction
Graduates of the Curriculum, Assessment and Instruction (Elementary and Secondary Education) program of The University of Maine have gone on to be teacher leaders, curriculum coordinators and specialists in areas such as literacy, science and special education.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Formative Assessments: Research, Practice and Policy
- Classroom Practice to Improve Learning
- Dynamics of the Curriculum
- Prevention and Intervention in School Settings
- Seminar — Action Research in PreK-12 Schools
- Practicum — Action Research in PreK-12 Schools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree is required for admission to the master’s programs
- Please include an essay detailing the reasons for graduate study and indication of an area of specialization to help assign advisors and plan programs of study
- Completed online application
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official transcript of all previous college or university work
- Official test scores
- $65 application fee
- Official English proficiency examination scores are required unless you have received a degree from an English-speaking institution
- Certification of Finances to be submitted at the time of admission
- A copy of your passport or visa to aid in processing I-20 paperwork
International49599 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1503 USD per credit during 12 months.
National49599 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1503 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State15213 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 461 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Orono
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.