The one-year Land Surveying degree at University of Tasmania is available to students who have completed the University's Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences or its equivalent, and prepares graduates for registration with the Tasmanian Land Surveyors Accreditation Board (or, through reciprocating arrangements, with the Surveyors Boards of other States and Territories). It prepares graduates for professional careers in Land Surveying, undertaking land and cadastral boundary surveys controlled by State legislation.To achieve this aim, the course imparts to students:
- a knowledge of land law, cadastral systems, and surveying practice necessary for undertaking cadastral surveys in Australia;
- a knowledge of the professional, ethical and business standards and practice in which land surveyors operate; and
- appropriate communication skills.
This course prepares students for registration with the Tasmanian Land Surveyors Accreditation Board for the purposes of the Surveyors Act; and for reciprocal registration in other States of Australia.
Accredited by the Tasmanian Land Surveyors Accreditation Board.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Surveying Practice
- Land Law and Cadastral Studies
- Land Development Planning
- Land Surveying Studio
- Professional Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended that international students should apply at least 3 months prior and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to the start date.
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Environmental Management View 23 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 078556G
- Admission to most postgraduate coursework courses at the University of Tasmania require qualifications equivalent to an Australian bachelor degree. Applicants must achieve the required grade in their qualifying studies, meet any prerequisite subjects, and meet English language requirements to be eligible for an offer.
- A Bachelor of Surveying and Spatial Sciences from the University of Tasmania or its equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33950 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33950 AUD for the full programme during 12 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Living costs for Hobart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.