- to analyse environmental problems through data gathering and synthesis that is relevant to different scales and stakeholders.
- to design environmental management plans that take into account different knowledge and disciplines.
- to practice in the profession of environmental management by recognising legal, ethical and cultural norms.
- to disseminate environmental management output to a variety of stakeholders.
Environmental management is a global concern, and the practical, sector connected skills and knowledge you develop here in Tasmania can be applied to any community around the world.
We use the strengths of our diverse student cohort to understand environmental management challenges in other places, leveraging both from our own living laboratory and diverse student experiences to make your learning real and applicable to the real world.
This is done through case study work that allows students to tap into their own experience and motivations.
As a result, our graduates from the Environmental Management program at University of Tasmania gain employment in all areas of the environmental management sector, including all levels of government, private consultancy, not for profits, and community organisations.
This is because Tasmania’s diverse landscapes deliver practical skills and an ability to understand complex landscapes in ways that are transferrable across industries, and to locations around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Planning and Managing for Sustainable Systems
- Professional Placement
- Ecosystem Conservation
- Protected Area Planning and Management Systems
- Research Thesis
- Professional Research Methods
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Students living overseas should apply at least 3 months prior to semester start date and on-shore students apply no less than one month prior to semester start date.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 40 other Masters in Environmental Management in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for this degree you must have:
- An Australian Bachelor's degree in any discipline with an average of Credit or better, or
- Tertiary qualifications deemed by the University of Tasmania to be equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International32322 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 48484 AUD for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee and is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.