MEDEX Northwest offers the Clinical Health Services (Extended) at the University of Washington for physician assistants. This program is designed for professionals who have worked as PAs for at least two years and hold a bachelor’s degree. The EMCHS helps you to assume leadership roles through the development of skills and techniques needed to manage the rapidly changing world of health care.
Stay in your current clinical practice site and focus your study in one of the areas listed below while you develop skills in leadership, health policy, and other critical fields that will allow you to ensure high-quality health care.
The program begins in June of each year, and runs through June the following year.
This innovative program allows you to earn credit in your current clinical practice and pursue a focused area of study under the mentorship of prominent faculty in specialized fields. Choose from four study options.
- Health care for rural and medically underserved populations
- Public health and preventive medicine
- Academic medicine and specialty practice
- Global health
You’ll enjoy a total of 2 weeks of study on the UW Seattle campus that includes a two-week intensive at the beginning of the program (June). While most courses take place online, you’ll still complete a portion of the curriculum in a clinical setting, enhancing your skill sets through hands-on experience.
- Investigative Skills
- Focused Study
- Academic Medicine and Specialty Practice
- Global Health
- Public Health and Preventive Medicine
- The Capstone Project
- The Physician Assistant Profession
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1066 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Submit the application electronically to the UW Graduate School.
- Official copies of your transcripts from any college or university where you completed coursework.
- Verification of current PA certification (this can be obtained from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- An official letter of support from your current employer specifying that you will be allowed time off to participate in the program.
- If you are not currently employed, you will not need to submit a letter of support.
International6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
National6000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12000 USD for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.