The Geospatial Technologies degree from University of Washington will provide advanced training in GIS, training students to use and apply geospatial hardware, software, and data in urban and environmental planning scenarios. It will also prepare students to become leaders in the management and utilization of geospatial technologies within the job market -- public, private, and not-for-profit sectors. It will also offer training in the development and deployment of location-based mobile applications and management of web-based geospatial data. This program will maintain a theoretical/critical focus on the application of these technologies to urban and environmental problem solving.
- Introduction to Geospatial Technology
- Web-Based GIS
- GIS Customization and Automation
- Mobile Geospatial Application Development
- Practicum: Planning and Design
- Cartography & Data Visualization
- Environmental Planning Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) View 88 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International2920 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2920 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
National1702 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1702 USD per module and a duration of 12 months.
per 2 credits
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.