The Geospatial Technologies degree from University of Washington will provide advanced training in GIS, training students to use and apply geospatial hardware, software, and data in urban and environmental planning scenarios. It will also prepare students to become leaders in the management and utilization of geospatial technologies within the job market -- public, private, and not-for-profit sectors. It will also offer training in the development and deployment of location-based mobile applications and management of web-based geospatial data. This program will maintain a theoretical/critical focus on the application of these technologies to urban and environmental problem solving.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geospatial Technology
- Web-Based GIS
- GIS Customization and Automation
- Mobile Geospatial Application Development
- Practicum: Planning and Design
- Cartography & Data Visualization
- Environmental Planning Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Electronics & Embedded Technology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 216 other Masters in Geography in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International20230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10115 USD per semester during 12 months.
National20230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10115 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State11704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5852 USD per semester during 12 months.
7 - 18 credits
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.