Geospatial Technologies from University of Washington will also prepare students to become leaders in the management and utilization of geospatial technologies within the job market -- public, private, and not-for-profit sectors. It will also offer training in the development and deployment of location-based mobile applications and management of web-based geospatial data. This program will maintain a theoretical/critical focus on the application of these technologies to urban and environmental problem solving.
Students at Geospatial Technologies from University of Washington will:
- Understand the increasingly central role that geospatial technologies play in the governance of contemporary lived and environmental spaces.
- Be proficient in the automation and customization of geospatial technologies such as GIS, web-based data services, locative mobile devices, and mobile & handheld geospatial sensors.
- Recognize appropriate uses and limitation of geospatial technologies in urban and environmental planning scenarios.
- Be equipped to carry out an independent geospatial project through all stages of conceptualization, planning, design, and implementation.
- Geo-visualization and representation of modeling results.
- Geospatial Technology
- Web-Based GIS
- GIS Customization and Automation
- Mobile Geospatial Application Development
- Practicum: Planning and Design
- Cartography & Data Visualization
- Environmental Planning Applications
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGeography Electronics & Embedded Technology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 203 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in United States
- Degree statement, including date of graduation and title of academic degree awarded
- All coursework with grades
- The record must be submitted in the original language along with a certified English translation
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- An overall grade-point average of 3.0 calculated from the applicant's final 90 graded quarter credits or 60 graded semester credits.
- Admission into this program does not require a Graduate Records Exam (GRE).
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate GIS certificate program or at least one year of GIS/Geospatial Technology experience.
- UW Graduate School Application & payment of application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcript from the college/university where undergraduate degree granted
International18160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9080 USD per semester during 12 months.
National18160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9080 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5260 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Tacoma
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.