It aims to train students to evaluate and draw up reports on archaeological interventions so that they can work as specialists in the field of archaeology or in the management of archaeological heritage.
It has three main areas:
- Research into human palaeoecology and prehistory, palaeoanthropology, geology and palaeoontology of the Quaternary.
- Archaeological intervention.
- Management, conservation and socialisation of archaeological heritage.
Students can choose between two editions of the programme: the Interuniversity Master's Degree in Quaternary Archeology and Human Evolution (Erasmus Mundus) and the Master's Degree in Quaternary Archeology and Human Evolution. The main difference between the two degrees is that students are required to undertake an international Erasmus Mundus mobility stay as part of the interuniversity and international version. Therefore, students on both degrees have the same classes except for the stay abroad.
Graduates in the Quaternary Archaeology and Human Evolution (Erasmus Mundus) program from Rovira i Virgili University are capable of research in Quaternary archaeology and human evolution, with specialisations in the disciplinary branches, including field and rescue archaeology, dissemination and museumisation of human evolution and Quaternary Archaeology, and conservation and restoration of archaeological material from the Pleistocene.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Statistics Applied to Archaeology
- Geology of the Quaternary
- Prehistory of Asia and Oceania
- Prehistory in Europe
- Prehistory in Africa
- Excavation and Record Methods in Quaternary Archaeology
- Human Paleocology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Having participated in excavations and/or research in the field of Quaternary archaeology and human evolution.
- Mastery of expression and comprehension in a foreign language, preferably English.
- Having basic ICT skills.
- Having a broad perspective of the world and experience and ease of mobility within the European area.
- Previous research, capacity for teamwork and relevant high-quality research work.
International5825 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5825 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3612 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3612 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 3612€ - for students from the UE, Iceland, Norway, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Andorra, or resident in Spain
- Rest of students: €5,825
Living costs for Tarragona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.