Majors include clinical epidemiology, epidemiology, biostatistics, public health epidemiology, medical psychology, genomic & molecular epidemiology, and health decision sciences & technology assessment. After completion, candidates will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to propose state-of-the-art studies, write excellent study protocols, perform the research, analyze the data using modern statistical techniques, make defensible causal inferences, come to justified conclusions, and write outstanding research papers. Depending on the choice of major, the candidate will focus on for example observational population studies, randomized controlled clinical trials, public health interventions, registry data or modeling studies.
The Health Sciences - Biostatistics program at Erasmus University Rotterdam prepares you for a career in international medical research or for executive or advisory positions in clinical medicine, public health, pharmaceutical research, or is a stepping stone to a career in the area of health policy.
This programme is NVAO accredited.
- First semester: methodological and statistical core courses.
- Second semester: individual research project and elective courses.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
The programme starts with the Erasmus Summer Programme
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Bioinformatics & Biostatistics View 27 other Masters in Bioinformatics & Biostatistics in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
You should fit each of the following criteria:
- You have a relevant Master’s degree in clinical medicine, public health, health sciences, clinical technology, nutrition, (medical) biology, pharmacy, human movement sciences, psychology, health economics, or a broad master’s education with subjects in these disciplines;
- You have experience with performing research and have interest in performing quantitative research.
- You have already (co-)authored a few scientific publications.
- You have a good working command of the English language, both oral and written. For more information please
International14700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA14700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.