Specializations include clinical epidemiology, epidemiology, public health epidemiology, genetic and molecular epidemiology, and health economic analysis.
After completion, candidates will have the knowledge, understanding and skills to propose state-of-the-art studies, write excellent study protocols, perform the research, analyze the data using modern statistical techniques, make defensible causal inferences, come to justified conclusions, and write outstanding research papers.
Students in the Health Sciences programme from Erasmus University Rotterdam acquire the following competencies:
- Ability to formulate a clinical or public health problem and translate it into a scientific question;
- Ability to perform an extensive study of the literature concerning a problem;
- Ability to translate a scientific question into a research protocol;
- Acquisition of quantitative skills;
- Ability to make causal inferences;
- Ability to critically appraise published research;
- Ability to conduct the research, collect and analyse data, and draw conclusions;
This programme is NVAO accredited.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Public Health Epidemiology
- Health Economic Analysis
- Medical Psychology
- Health Decision Sciences
- Genomic & Molecular Epidemiology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 97 other Masters in Health Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You have a Bachelor degree or a relevant Master degree from a discipline related to clinical medicine or public health (health sciences, nutrition, biology, pharmacy, psychology, environmental sciences, social sciences, economics, etc.), or a broad bachelor education with sufficient basic subjects in the above mentioned disciplines.
- You have affinity with research, as demonstrated by your motivation letter.
- You have a good working command of the English language, both oral and written. For more information please click here.
- If you are a medical student at Erasmus MC, you may apply for this Research Master programme, when you receive an invitation from the Dean, or when you feel you qualify for participation in this programme.
Living costs for Rotterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.